Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39

Re: Bullied at school - July 11th 2017, 06:31 PM

Hey,

I'm sorry that bullying had made school difficult for you. I know how it feels to be anxious in a school setting and it really does make enjoying yourself there a hard thing to do. You should know that the way you act around someone you're in a relationship with has nothing to do with anyone outside of it. Sadly, in school people do gossip and poke fun at others. It's all too common, however that shouldn't mean you're uncomfortable being affectionate around your boyfriend in public. How you choose to act as a result of them is entirely up to you, but don't feel like you have to hide yourself because of other people. If you want to carry on being as affectionate as you have been and both you and your boyfriend are fine with that usually, then carry on if that's what you want. Remind yourself that in a few years most of them will have forgotten you and your boyfriend and will never speak of it again. I find it always helps me if I remind myself that people will likely never see me again after a certain point.

Telling an adult can be worrying because they do have a tendency to tell you to ignore it, but it's harder than that. I don't think this should put you off, though. If there's a counsellor at your school, perhaps you could have a chat with them about what's going on as it's their job to help you find solutions beyond ignoring situations which make you unhappy. Otherwise, if you have a teacher you trust and get on with quite well you could confide in them as well. They may be able to offer you some solutions at school to help make it less daunting for you.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff