Thread: Triggering (ED): Mirena IUD and ED
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Mirena IUD and ED - September 1st 2017, 08:15 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My eating disorder has been active for the last month and a half or so. I've been restricting heavily when it comes to food intake. I have the Mirena IUD so I normally don't have periods, but I've noticed if I start restricting for a prolonged period I have light bleeding. It feels just like a period, with cramps and irritability and whatnot, but it's only enough to really use up a panty liner. It's been going on for a week and a half now.

My question is does anyone know what can explain this? I know it's probably related to hormones but if you have any more detailed information (since I'm having trouble finding any) that would be helpful. Furthermore, does this mean my IUD is ineffective? Could I potentially get pregnant? Thanks for your help.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen