View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Points: 16,273, Level: 18 Points: 16,273, Level: 18 Points: 16,273, Level: 18

Re: Research Survey on Rape and whether we should increase the sentence for rapist - May 2nd 2009, 03:29 PM

I was raped and sexually abused for a while. Honestly? It can ruin lives. It takes away the sense of innocence and when you feel you've lost that, you don't care about doing much else to yourself. I've seen many of my friends fall down the wrong paths after rape. Either by SH or drugs or suicide, it didn't get better. Their whole life was changed completely around. It took me a long time to even consider continuing to live because everything that I had in me was taken. No one has the right to do that. So, while victims are left picking up the pieces and dealing with flashbacks for years later, these men are in jail for periods of time and released? No. It isn't fair. I'm not saying we should kill them, but life in prison is a darn good way to start. They don't realize how they take away someones life and leave them like that. They leave them broken. It almost hurts more because he left me alive you know? To suffer more, in a way?

Anyway, with rape they completely take away the victims right and self. It changes someone and it can change someone forever. Victims are left suffering for years while the rapist is released in a few years. It's just wrong. They shouldn't be allowed to be released. Why do they still have more rights that those of who they hurt?

Gah, I could go on forever. But, I do think it should be increased. Especially in Canada.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..