Thread: Triggering (SH): Hurting myself because of Anxiety
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Hurting myself because of Anxiety - September 18th 2017, 07:36 PM

Anxiety used to be one of the biggest reasons that I felt like harming myself. I never really found a great solution to the problem though. The one and only thing that helped me was distracting myself from the anxious thoughts. The main way I would do this is by reading. For me, reading was something that I had to concentrate on and so that concentration led to me, slowly, not being able to focus so much on the anxious thoughts. It might help if you could find something to distract yourself with as well (it doesn't have to be reading).

If you have seen a doctor about your anxiety it might be possible for them to prescribe something. I know not all people like to use anxiety medication either.

Lastly, if you have the ability, it might help to talk to a therapist about your anxiety and work on trying to find some coping skills. Also, talking to a therapist about what is causing you to be anxious could be helpful because, at least for me, sometimes being able to voice my anxious thoughts has helped.

Best of luck.