Thread: Triggering (Abuse): He goes to my college now
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: He goes to my college now - October 7th 2017, 06:03 PM

I'm sorry you have to face your abuser on campus now. Does your mother know about the abuse, have you told her? If you haven't, I think it's important you do and ask her for her thoughts. It doesn't matter whether or not you explicitly said no or showed resistance when it was happening, it was coercion and you were uncomfortable. That makes it assault. It's important to understand that your emotional and mental thoughts come into play, not just physical and verbal, when an assault is happening.

Maybe you can walk to and from classes with a friend for now, until you figure things out? Do you have any friends going to the same school, or even the same classes as you? Even a friendly acquaintance might be helpful, but then there's the uncomfortable thought of having to get into elaborate details when they ask you why you want them to walk with you to and from class all of a sudden.

You said you already spoke to your therapist about it, so perhaps you can ask them to assist you? I know it can get ridiculously expensive to have to go through the legal proceedings and then it'd all be a waste if the courts reject your request. But it's certainly worth a try!

-JNM