(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Hallucinations and Anxiety - February 25th 2018, 12:49 PM

Anxiety can be difficult to deal with, and I get you with feeling like you can't be out in public for long. I think it can help to go out often but for short amounts of time, and then slowly increase the length of time that you spend outside. The more you do something, the less anxious you'll feel over time, meaning the anxiety won't be dictating your life so much. If you feel sick often, you might want to learn deep breathing exercises. You can find exercises online and on apps. Deep breathing helps to relax your muscles, including the ones in your stomach, so it may help you to feel less sick.

It's also okay to not know what to do after school, so try not to worry or compare yourself to your friends. You are still quite young and no-one has everything that planned out, and the ones that do, often change their mind. It's understandable that given your mental health, you might feel overwhelmed with the thought of life after school. But focus on yourself- what you can do, what you are interested in, what you want to improve on. You'll get there, I'm sure!

It's good that you are seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist, though I'm sorry to hear that you are med resistant, especially when you are trying to deal with hallucinations as well. But I do agree with trying other types of therapy, such as equestrian therapy. I have heard that it can help with anxiety and boosts your self-worth when you develop a good bond with the horse. It's worth looking into and trying out at any rate

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer