View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Unhappy How to find a boyfriend and what is considered healthy? - March 12th 2018, 03:24 PM

[SIZE="a"]Hello. I'm a straight 17-year-old girl. I have been thinking about wanting to be in a relationship for a while now. I have never dated anyone so I don't have much experience but the feelings I get when I think about being with someone in a romantic way makes me sure I really want it. It's a part of being a human right?

But the problem is that I am quite shy when it comes to making new connections in school for example. I'm pretty talkative and lively when I feel comfortable with the person/people with me but because I look very silent and boring I think I should be the one making the first move. I know a few guys I would like to get to know better but they seem 'too popular/smart/etc' for me. I know I am scared of asking anyone out because I find it a little embarrassing. Is school a good place to find love in the first place? I would prefer to start a relationship with someone I have known longer but at the moment I'm fairly open to other ways, too.

One more aspect is that I'm a little scared to actually start a relationship in fear that I will be too selfish. Love is a natural emotion caused by hormones wanting you to breed asap and needing affection is also understandable but what if I get too clingy? I am currently really stressed out in school and life seems boring and plain and this makes me even more hesitant. Am I just trying to find someone to talk about my stress with me? Does thinking these things make me immature for real love after all?

Thank you for your time! I really appreciate all the help![/size]