Thread: Triggering: College is too much...
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Points: 9,604, Level: 14 Points: 9,604, Level: 14 Points: 9,604, Level: 14

Re: College is too much... - March 18th 2018, 06:45 PM

No one will judge or say that at least it not worse. I understand how hard it must be with having a disability which casuses chronic fatigue as one of the symptom. When I was in sixth form college (year 12) , I was diagnosed with a chronic condition called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which made me extremely fatigue all the time. Are you allowed to use a laptop in your classes , if you are, I would suggest for you to type your class notes instead of handwriting them as that might reduce some of your fatigue. Does your college know about your disability, if not I would recommend you speak to someone from the student support department about your needs as they could give you extra support.

As for the exams, again I would suggest you speak to the student support department to see if you can get some sort of support in the exams due to your disability such as, extra time , a scribe ( someone who can write your answers which you tell them ) and being able to type your answers instead of handwriting your exam.

It is great that you see a counsellor and that you attend the AA meetings. You should not have to deal with both your friends and your own problems . If you have a close friend in class, maybe you could explain to them that you are unable to deal with your friends problems as that is putting more pressure on you as you not only having to help yourself but you are also having to help your friends. Are your friends aware that have a disability? It might be helpful for them to know , so they understand not to put pressure on you. Remember , you also deserve support just as much as you support your friends , your friends should support you.

"Never forget what you are,the rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armor and it can never be used to hurt you."