View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 4,811, Level: 10 Points: 4,811, Level: 10 Points: 4,811, Level: 10

How do I tell my doctor? - March 24th 2018, 12:25 PM

Hi,
Basically I've got an appintemt at the doctors in two weeks, I think I'll be going alone which is why I was considering telling my doctor about my mental state. I'm still not 100% sure I will tell my doctor, but this I probsbly the golden chance I dont think I'll be able to get an appointment again for a long time after that. I was really scared about telling her, I've never spoken about my suicidal thoughts etc to anyone irl. I'm scared of it just getting out there and me having no control over it. What if someone finds out? Also, what if she thinks my state is too bad and I'll need to be referred to the hospital? I can't do anything. I only want some medication to get rid of these thoughts for the time being. Basically what im asking you is, how do i tell my doctor i think im depressed in like 10 mins? Also, i hardly know this doctor, but shes nice and that's the only reason I chose her. Another anxiety I have is if she does give me antidepressants or something, I'd need to collect them from my pharmacy and the pharmacists have known my family for 10 years, we've been going to the same pharmacy for 10 years so what if they say something to my parents and what if they judge me? I guess I'm just asking for advice on how to get help, making the least amount of mess possible.
Thanks

Keep calm and carry on.