View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Considering my first tattoo - April 2nd 2018, 06:03 AM

For awhile I've kind of toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo, but mostly because of the pain and the fact that it's permanent, I never seriously thought about it. But, I'm turning 30 this year and I've made peace with some major things over the last few years and I want something to symbolize that. I do have a clear idea of what, how big, and where I would want it, but there are things I'm worried about.

My pain tolerance is less than zero- This is the main thing holding me back, I know everyone is different, but I'm afraid that I'll regret it as soon as the pain starts and there's no turning back.

Healing/reactions- The necessary care seems pretty extensive, and if I went through with it, the last thing I'd want to do would be to screw it up somehow by doing something wrong. Also, because of where I would put it, it would be covered while it's healing and I've heard that that can cause problems. I also heard it's possible t be allergic to the ink or to have reactions years later and that might be rare, but my luck is basically if it's rare, it's going to happen to me.

Cost- It's a factor, but it's not the deciding factor, I have some income now and can save up if needed, but I don't know what's reasonable expensive vs. too expensive. It's going to be relatively small, so it shouldn't be too bad.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte