View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Cheesii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kat

Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8

Unhappy (School Rant) What am I supposed to do with my life/ I have good grades so I can't complain - April 2nd 2018, 07:03 PM

I'm doing well in school, not as well as I would like but my grades from an outsiders point of view are fine, maybe excellent, idk.

But I don't have a clue on what to do with my life.

I'm a sophmore in high school, so next year I'll have to make all the choices.
I've been pestered since 6th grade by teachers and counselors asking me "What do you want to do?" 7th and 8th grade I had a pretty good idea of what i wanted to do, I wanted to be an animator, or some other art job. "But you can't live off of that..." 9th grade was a rollercoaster so I didn't think about my future much. Now im in 10th and I have no idea what i want to do, i don't know if I even like drawing anymore, I have have nothing else, I have good grades but I don't want to do anything related to any core subjects. I'm going to stick with art stuff but I don't think my skills are even good enough, I'm going to a 2 week art college thing in Georgia to maybe actually learn things for once.

ugh, then theres the part where i don't want to do any work what so ever I have no motivation except for the fact if i dont get at least a B i'm gonna die (not really die, just that i won't get in a good college then won't get a good job). All i want to do is sleep and do nothing.

I don't really have a chance to talk to people about this stuff because since i have "good grades" I have nothing to complain about, I'm going to be taking 3 APs next year because my teachers think im suited to them.

So here I am, I can't talk to people irl about grade struggles because "oh your grades are fine, you don't have to worry like I do" I can't even talk to my friends because i have the highest point average among the group, I can't complain about my B- because they all have Ds and wish they could have my grades.

Even my best friend...

I don't know what to do.