View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
lucyhiggs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

How to deal with corns and calluses? - May 30th 2018, 07:49 AM

I was living with my older sister for a few months in Mississauga. We have the same shoe size, dress size etc. As usual, I started to wear her clothes and shoes. But after a while, I observed that it pained a lot whenever my feet touched the ground. When I looked underneath I found an irregular shaped thickened skin protruding outside. It got worse day by day. Finally, I gave up and went to my uncle who is a physiotherapist. He diagnosed it and said that I have a callus and asked me if I wore anybody else's shoes. I told him that I wore my sister's shoes. He said that it was mainly because of that and advised me to never wear shoes that aren't mine. He then told me to go to a chiropodist and get it fixed. When I went there, my chiropodist told me that I will have to undergo a foot massage therapy to completely remove it. I had several sessions of this massage therapy and finally, the callus came off easily without any pain. He also gave me several tips on how to prevent calluses in the future. Most importantly make sure you:
1. Wear shoes that fit you perfectly.
2. Avoid shoes with sharply pointed toes and high heels.
3. Repair shoes with worn soles.
It's always better to be on safe side, so take care of your feet and visit chiropodist or podiatrist if a corn or callus appears.

Last edited by Hypothesis.; May 30th 2018 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Removing link - please do not advertise on TeenHelp.