Thread: I'm not sure?
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I'm not sure? - June 18th 2018, 05:04 PM

That’s shocking to me that she just gave them back and said she didn’t like them! I’m sorry that happened. I can tell you and your other friends worked hard to get her these gifts by saving up money and also at least tried getting her a gift related to her interests.

If you all want you can try to talk to her and politely but firmly let her know that this is hurtful and rude. Maybe she didn’t know? Of course, on the other side of things she could have known and just not cared.

If you don’t want to talk to her that’s okay though. I’d honestly be considering whether or not she’s the type of person you want to be friends with if she does something like that. I’m not saying you have to stop being friends with her right now if you don’t want to, but if you choose to continue this friendship I would honestly keep an eye on how she treats you. Don’t put up with someone treating you poorly because if she treats you poorly she’s not someone you want to be associated with. If you don’t continue the friendship of course try and be civil during dance, but there’s no rule saying you have to talk to outside of class. So definitely strongly consider what she just did and if she’s worth being friends with after treating you like that.

I would be upset too and I can see where you’re coming from. You girls should feel glad you tried to make her feel included and that you even tried to get these gifts for her. Not everyone would go to these lengths. Some people wouldn’t even bother. So I can tell how wonderful you and the others from dance are. This is not your fault. <3