View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59

Do you consider skin picking self harm if... - June 21st 2018, 05:17 AM

I consider myself self harm free for almost three years now. I had one very minor blip but it was so minor that I didn't count it, and haven't repeated it.

However, in this time I have continued to skin pick. I haven't considered it self harm because I don't do it for the same reason. Obviously, it harms me, but I don't do it TO harm myself. I see or feel an "imperfection" on my skin and feel the need to pick it to "remove" it even though it obviously makes it worse. So, it's not really to harm myself or to cope with any negative emotions, so I never really counted it.

So I'm just wondering if you personally consider skin picking to be self harm if it's not done for the same reasons one would normally self harm. I still feel like I can say I'm two years and 11 months free of self harm since I don't skin pick TO self harm, but maybe you guys feel differently. I probably still will consider myself almost three years self harm free regardless, but I just want to know what you all personally think of situations like this.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive