View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Altering my sleep schedule - July 22nd 2018, 11:28 PM

Hi everyone!

For about the last year I’ve been sleeping for 11-12 hours a night. I go to bed at 12:00 am and wake up between 11:00 and 12:30 p.m. If I wake up earlier I tend to nap in the afternoon. People have told me this isn’t good for me but it’s just what I fell into, and until now I’ve never bothered to change it. However, I feel I need to get up earlier, partially because of my class schedule this upcoming semester and partially because I want to be a “real” adult (by which I mean getting stuff done and not sleeping half my life).

Any idea on how to do this? I want to aim for getting up at 8:00-8:30. Going to bed earlier than eleven isn’t an option because I don’t get tired before then; I’d just toss and turn (I’ve tried this even on nights I get little sleep; even with only five hours I still don’t get tired until eleven-ish). I want to start doing this earlier, too, so I’m not just starting it in the few days before school starts. So what’s a relatively seamless transition from being a night owl to a morning lark?

All tips are appreciated. Thank you!

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen