View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Is this self-harm? thread. - September 7th 2018, 05:47 AM

I think expanding on the intro would be good. I can try and think of some ways to expand over the weekend. My writing 'brain' hasn't been working well lately so you might be able to think something up sooner than me.

Quote:
"Self-injury, self-inflicted violence, self-injurious behavior or self-mutilation is defined as a deliberate, intentional injury to one’s own body that causes tissue damage or leaves marks for more than a few minutes which is done to cope with an overwhelming or distressing situation." [I think we should rewrite this or use what is down below.]

Anything you do to physically hurt yourself in order help yourself cope with a situation is self harm.

Would it be possible to rewrite what you have in red and incorporate it with the 'anything you do to physically hurt yourself' portion. If we expand/rewrite the red we might be able to do it in a way where we emphasize that self harm is anything that one does to physically hurt themselves. I think that is important and I agree we can't expand on what those things are but I think we could probably come up with a way to emphasize it and expand without giving ideas.

I think making headings/breaking down the things considered self harm could be good. Maybe expand on some parts. I don't know how to expand as we don't want to give ideas.

I agree with the links you want to include. There might be more too. I can try and look through the articles this weekend. See what I come up with and share the.