View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22

I'm finally actually pregnant! - November 17th 2018, 05:21 AM

My fiance and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while after I had an ectopic pregnancy. I had a positive test a few weeks ago and figured I just needed to go into surgery again. After a few stops by the doctor I got a decently clear picture of a very tiny baby and a strong heartbeat! I'm not telling many people since I'm still only 7 weeks along, but I am beyond excited!

I feel like shit - which I've been told is a good sign. But I'm also struggling with crazy pregnancy hormones on top of bipolar. Luckily I was already on a medication that is safe to take during pregnancy.
Unfortunately, my fiance and I are still living with my family. Our plan was to save up to just be able to buy a house instead of wasting money renting (which in Colorado is extremely unaffordable - but moving away is not an option). I feel like my budgeting skills are shit and while I'm still ecstatic, I feel like I'm going to be a shit mom because i really I really suck at being an adult. Im at a high risk for post partum. It also makes me really really sad that my dad isnt here for all of this. As crazy as he was, he woild have been the most excited for me. And now with these hormones, it literally feels like I'm dying when I'm upset. My fiance says it's just being crazy from pregnancy, but these are all very real concerns as well.
I also still want to have our wedding next summer, because I don't think we ever will if we're focusing on raising a tiny person. While this can cost quite a bit, we don't need an intense thing.

But again, I've never been so happy in my whole life. I'm not sure what I'm looking for in this post - I guess I want to share my news with the whole world and maybe any pregnancy advise at all would be helpful. Everyone is taking my bitching as not being excited or greatful which is not the case, but sometimes I just feel bonkers.

Thanks everyone!
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.