(#1 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Horrible Anxiety - December 15th 2018, 11:11 PM

I don't know who else to reach out to at this point. I'm at a lost.

This past week, I have been struggling with severe anxiety. I am still taking my meds daily and haven't changed anything in my life. I have slowly felt my anxiety building up over the past week. Yesterday I completely broke and had a complete meltdown. Today, I woke up panicking and crying at 6:15 this morning and was supposed to be at work at 7 am. I ended up calling in at 6:30 bawling my eyes out to my coworker trying to explain what was going on. All I could get out was "I'm so sorry for the short notice, but I can't come in, I need a personal day".

I have spent today watching Disney movies, but I have still been crying every 10 minutes. I called in tonight for my shift tomorrow. I got maybe two words out to her before I started bawling. I told her there was no way I could come in. She then asked me if I was alone and safe. I lied to her, I am alone, but I am safe. I have some strategies to help me stay safe. I found my Ativan tonight, so I'm hoping it might help a bit.

At this point I don't know why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling. I wish the thoughts could just go away. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to be able to go back to work? Or even to be able to function.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)