Thread: Stupid anxiety
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: Stupid anxiety - December 18th 2018, 08:03 PM

I would check with your doctor about whether the dosage or specific medication is the right one for you if you are still experiencing panic attacks. It sounds like maybe it's not working very well and you might need adjustments.

Additionally, you should seek out a therapist. Therapy is amazing and can help you develop tools to manage your anxiety.

Finally, lots of different tactics help people with their anxiety. Exercise that gets your adrenaline up such as rock climbing, running, biking, swimming, skiing, tennis etc, and mindfulness based activities like yoga and meditation, plenty of sleep, healthy food, and water, or even spending time with friends. However, while I totally endorse self-care and doing things that feel good to you and all that jazz, this is just stuff that's good for life, it's good because you're building up positive resources and experiences, but it's not meant to replace medications, if needed, and the therapeutic tools that a qualified therapist/counsellor can provide if you have a strong current of mental illness towing you down like I do.