View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: I went out with a friend's boyfriend behind her back (but she got me back good) - January 15th 2019, 10:07 PM

That whole situation sounds absolutely horrifying. I can't imagine how terrified you must feel underneath. You may have given in to temptation, but it does not mean that you're the bad person here. Fact of the matter is that you were lead on. Her boyfriend is as equally to blame here. He chose to lie to you and let you think he was splitting with your friend to be with you.

While I understand your friend's anguish because of what happened, you do not deserve to be punished the way you have. You were attacked. You attempted to defend yourself and ended up scoring a lucky blow. If you hadn't fought back, chances are you'd be in a much worse condition than a person with a broken nose. You have the right to defend yourself.

Also remember that you and her boyfriend were seen together. Why isn't he getting any of the blame here? I understand that she must feel betrayed by her friend here, but he shouldn't get off scot-free.

He has cost you your friendship, your job, earnings. Now you have a juvenile record on your background history. You don't deserve that.

If you haven't already, just be honest about the whole situation. No matter how it may come across or look. You were lead on. Make a point that it takes two people to be in that kind of situation. You shouldn't take the whole blame here. I can only hope that in the future, your friend's boyfriend realises what he has done, and that your friend recognises she and her two other friends were bang out of order. She has quite literally ruined your life over lying, cheating boyfriend.