Thread: Age regression
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Age regression - March 1st 2019, 07:12 AM

If this is the wrong place to put this then please feel free to move it.

I have always like kid shows like Disney junior and Nick jr. Anyways as I am typing this right now Mickey Mouse Club house is on. I actually find the shows funny and entertaining. I have a huge collection of stuffed animals and love it when my mom makes them talk in funny voices. As of recently I have been finding myself wanting to suck my thumb when I am trying to go to bed but I stop myself because I am 27 years old.

Anyways I have been reading a FanFiction about age regression and it has gotten me thinking that it appeals to me. So I looked it up and one thing I read said that even if your not in little space you still are child like. So like watching the kid shows I love, having my stuffed animals talk, wearing PJs all day.

I also read that it is common in people with PTSD and other mental health issues.

Anyways I have always reverted to baby talk without even knowing it at time and talk in third person. I haven't reverted to baby talk in a while, but have been using third person.

My therapist 6 months ago said I was making progress and was reverting to baby talk or using third person.

But since I have been doing DBT and realizing things and doing hard stuff, I have wanted to suck my thumb and night and use the pacifiers I have bought two years ago.

I just don't know how to let myself know that this okay, and just because I am 27 doesn't mean that sometimes I don't need these things or want them. I know there are people out there that age regress and I am hoping there are some on Teenhelp that I can talk to, to make me feel not so alone and know that it is okay.

God this is embarrassing and don't know if it makes any sense. But I hope it does.