View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: Night time work. - April 17th 2019, 12:53 PM

Black out window covers (blinds? curtains? whatever you call them) really help my friend is a nurse.

I've also heard positive things about melatonin for people who work nights, especially early on when they're trying to change their sleeping rhythm -- please ask a doctor or pharmacist about this first though. I know a lot of people take melatonin for sleep without talking to a doctor/pharmacist or nurse etc, but I think it's a good thing to check just in case.

I used to work nights and it's actually why I started watching Gilmore Girls so much; it was a quiet, laid back show where the worst people would do was yell at each other a bit but there wasn't anything too crazy that I had to watch the screen at all times to follow what was happening, and I didn't get disturbed by a lot of crashing and banging and screaming and explosions. Also, I find that a peaceful drama was the key? Like comedies get a little too chaotic a times too. Any how, I've since expanded my repertoire (e.g. the Office is another good one; so funny but not chaotic???)... I'd watch Gilmore Girls when I got home from my shift to help me wind down for sleep.