View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: How to find new friends - June 12th 2019, 11:12 AM

Hey there,

You mention that you have some friends but that you want to do other things than what they want to do. Is it possible to talk to your friends about this and suggest to them things that you want to do and ask if they would be interested in doing these things too?

As for the other people whom you feel you could be more yourself around, can you think of ways to start joining in with them a bit more? Perhaps tag along or invite yourself a few times and see if you can start getting invited more often. It can be hard to break into a new group of friends, but it can be done, and I'm sure that if you feel you can be yourself around these friends, they will want you to hang around with them more often!

Do you have any hobbies or interests? You might want to check out to see if there are any after school clubs or extra curricular activities that interest you as a way of making new friends. You can also look for things of interest going on in your community/local area as a way of making friends outside of school. You could even consider doing some voluntary work in an area that interests you, or make friends online in safe communities, such as TeenHelp.

Hope this helps a little

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!