View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Paralyzed by anxiety - September 17th 2019, 06:02 PM

Hey there, I am sorry you haven't gotten any replies yet. Have you spoken to someone about the issues you're having with feeling numb and letting your fantasies overtake your life? It could be something simple such as having a lack of social life or it could be something more profound. We can't tell you what it is, we are not medical professionals.

If it is really bothering you this much, then I suggest reaching out to a trusted adult, someone that you know won't be critical of what you've just expressed here. Nothing hurts more than to open up to someone you thought you could trust and have them throw it back in your face or something like that. The other thing you could do is talk to your primary care doctor, ask them to refer you to a therapist. There's nothing wrong with having one! Maybe they can help you work through this issue and, if neccessary, prescribe the correct course of treatment.

The other thing I mentioned was that this could be due to a lack of social life. Do you have any friends that you could hang out with? Are you part of any clubs or organization? Perhaps see if there's any opportunities to volunteer in your community. The more activity you have in your life, the better you will feel.

Hopefully someone else is able to come along and provide their own insights.

I wish you the best of luck.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.