View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Echo 7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,098, Level: 6 Points: 2,098, Level: 6 Points: 2,098, Level: 6

Re: My boyfriend feels bad - October 8th 2019, 03:42 PM

I agree with what everyone has shared, but sometimes it will greatly help him to write his feelings down. Listen to cathartic songs with him and find a hobby you could share with your boyfriend. If when he feels worthless, help him make a small goal. It can be taking a shower, tossing out the trash, anything, and achieve it. Bonus points if it's something healthy, like drinking a glass of water. Leave little messages around for him to read; Tell him he's absolutely awesome, the more specifically the better.

One thing that helps me is finding people online who have expressed suicidal thoughts / extreme emotional pain or even physical pain, and anonymously sending messages of support and encouragement. I often remember why I should continue living myself after that, and feel better having helped another because patience helps. Remember, we're all in this together, even if we feel isolated in our pain.

Impress on him that he has an unshakable, inherent value, and that nobody's too good for anyone else even though the constant comparison to the more "successful" in society might make him feel inferior. Eventually you and your dearest will get through this, given time.

Also, the most soothing, positive emotions I've ever had in my life came to me directly after the worst emotional pain I've ever felt, so maybe once he begins to come away from these hard places, together you and your boyfriend will feel the reward sevenfold.