Thread: Coming out
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Coming out - November 13th 2019, 11:02 AM

Hey there,

I'm bisexual and newly came out. I actually came out this weekend. It wasn't the plan but it felt right and I had this moment where I thought screw it.

I have conservative family who I was concerned about but I stopped caring because i wanted to be me and part of me is bisexual.

I don't see anything wrong with coming out to your therapist first. If you are worried it might be difficult to get out you could write it down and read it to your therapist. There were things I struggled with talking to my therapist about and would write it down and that'd help.

One way you might be able to determine if your counselor is open to LGBTQIA+ is by searching him in Google. If you type in his name you might find something about him that lists what he specializes in. I've been able to find information about my therapist this way. Also depending on your insurance they might have a page dedicated to providers that lists what they specialize in. The other way you could find out is having a discussion with him. Ask him what his views are on LGBTQIA. I've done this with therapists in the past and it helped me to determine if they'd be open. It might feel like a weird thing to ask but therapists get asked all kinds of questions so it probably wouldn't be a huge deal.

If you need anything feel free to message me. Remember to come out when you feel ready. It will be hard but it can also be quite freeing.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.