Thread: Triggering (Weight Figures): Increased appetite
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: Increased appetite - November 24th 2019, 03:53 PM

Thanks. I wish they'd have me working with the burn team. I trust them, although less so now because of some of the decisions they made regarding my last wound/some of the things that happened in my last hospital stay (like not telling me what the plan of care was until the very end of my admission). I think it may be a while before I can really use my foot more actively but you're right; I should ask. I just know I can't while it's attached to the wound VAC.

When I was in IOP at the last place (before my current IOP) I did speak to a nutritionist about burns since they have one on staff. However, my memory is really bad and I don't remember what she told me. Something about eating a lot of nuts, I think? I don't know. I might be switching back to that hospital system's IOP though because I don't like the one I am in currently very much. Otherwise I have no way of talking to a nutritionist (unless I do once I am back in the hospital). My insurance does not cover nutritionists unless you meet a specific criteria, which I do not (despite having an eating disorder...I think it's really stupid but it's good insurance so I don't complain).

I am still really hesitant to see my PCP. I just don't know if I have time, and I hate going out so far out of town. S usually takes me and she's so busy with work because it's the holiday season and her job gets super busy around the holidays.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl