View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Rob
Pronouns: He/Him

Points: 101,234, Level: 45 Points: 101,234, Level: 45 Points: 101,234, Level: 45

Re: Happy holidays from TeenHelp! - January 1st 2020, 07:31 PM

I think this is really interesting because we all have different communities at different times in our lives and we all feel connected to people for different reasons. Sometimes we feel connected to a place, sometimes to people who have shared our experiences and sometimes to people with similar identities to ourselves.

Personally I feel really connected to the place I live, I really enjoy living somewhere that has so many different people side by side, so many things to do and so many sights to see. I have recently joined a community group local to me so I can help to organise activities that make my community a better place. I am also connected to the TeenHelp community and to the people who I have met here who have a similar outlook to me and who want some of the same things as myself.

I think what a community gives you is a sense of belonging and a sense of connection to something really special. I think being part of a close community is really important to maintaining positive wellbeing and when you are part of a community you feel stronger and more capable.

Reading the above comments has been really interesting and it would be great to hear from some other members about their experiences within their own communities too.
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1347800 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!