View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: I like this girl and i think she likes me back but she has a boyfriend - January 28th 2020, 06:05 PM

If you have feelings for her, you two are close, and you feel like you're getting signs from her that her relationship maybe isn't all that and she's coming to you for some kind of *something* that could be read as her having feelings for you, then I think you need to have a conversation with her.

It could look like saying "Em, I have been having some romantic feelings for you. There have been a few cases where I have gotten signals that maybe you feel the same way, but I don't know if that's true or if maybe I've been clouded by the fact that my feelings are present", let her reply.

If she says she doesn't like you like that, then I think you need to let her know that X and Y have to stop (e.g. kissing your hand, holding your hand) because those sorts of things are giving you hope that maybe there is something more between the two of you and you won't be able to move on if you're constantly being given hope.

If she says she does like you, then you need to talk about her ending her relationship with her boyfriend so you two can be together instead. But you also need to be mindful of the fact that she needs to end it on her own. If she wants to be with you and she knows that it's possible, that doesn't necessarily mean that she'll end the relationship and you don't want to start a new relationship based on a situation where you made her feel like she had to do this.