(#2 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
HelpLINK Officer

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 27,427, Level: 23 Points: 27,427, Level: 23 Points: 27,427, Level: 23

Re: College dorm or stay at home? - February 23rd 2020, 06:22 AM

In the end, the choice is ultimately yours.

When I was in high school EVERYONE told me to stay at home and commute to school, and in a way I kind of regret not living on campus and in a way not. I regret not staying on campus because I missed out on a lifetime opportunity, however being I stayed at home, I saved a lot of money in the long run. If you choose to stay on campus, just remember, you don't have to stay there the whole time you're in college unless you like it. You can always move back home after your first semester or year, depending on the college. Also, remember, most dorms require you to have a roommate unless you pay extra for a private. So if you don't like strangers that's something to consider. Also bear in mind that some colleges have meal plans so that meals are included in your tuition, and others do not and you have to buy your own food.

Have you made a pro and con list of living on campus versus living at home?
Would you regret at least not trying to stay on campus?
Do you have the necessary funds to stay on campus? (i.e. scholarships, financial aid, etc...)
Would you be comfortable rooming with someone you don't know?
Are you able to buy your own food if a meal plan is not included or there's only a partial meal plan?

There are many many questions you need to ask yourself, and lots of things to reflect on about whether or not to move to a dorm. If you have any doubts or questions that you don't have the answer to, usually your colleges website has most of the information on there. I can also help you out however I can when you need it I'm just a PM or VM away.

Take care, and as always, HUGS !

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator | HelpLINK Officer