Thread: And again...
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière

I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: And again... - March 1st 2020, 11:48 AM

Thanks Dez. I'm just glad he's leaving after 1 more week.

Another incident occurred on Friday when I needed a whiteboard marker from the office. I asked, 'Can I have a board marker?'. He looked at me and said, 'Please..'. I smiled and repeated myself as at first I was having a joke, but then things quickly turned sour. He looked at me and said, 'Can I have a board marker, PLEASE...' He kept doing it a couple more times until the assistant manager tried to lighten the mood and asked if I dislike being polite, I make a joke with her and said no, but caved and said please to the manager because it was clear he was getting really angry. His face was getting so red, his eyes were widening. He looked like he was about to smash a car... all because I didn't say please.This guy is younger than I am too. Only by a year... but still.

That same day I sat in the staff room and another PT came in who's really nice and I pretty much got upset right in front of her. I told her everything that was going on. She asked if I'd told the assistant manager though wasn't sure there as much point since he's leaving in 1 more week. She also said that she thinks he's becoming unpleasant more now because he's leaving and he's started getting a bit iffy with her. She reminded me that he's here for just 1 more week and to try and hold on until then but to definitely speak to the assistant manager if things continue.

I will try and find time next week to apologise to the assistant manager properly. She's actually the complete opposite of the manager. Everyone likes her. She's really approachable and is always having a joke and a laugh. I don't want her to think I'm some kind of rude person when really my behaviour was in response to his.

Life is for living, not for losing.