Thread: Corona Virus.
View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Corona Virus. - March 7th 2020, 02:30 PM

My concern is about the same as it is with all other illnesses, but nothing more than that. I just hate illnesses and germs more than the average person. My body isn't the healthiest so there is that.

Our stores don't have any disinfectant wipes or sprays. People were on some talk show the other day discussing how to make your own disinfectant wipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post

I do have to wonder a few things though:

I don't see how paper masks will really do much of anything (besides make people feel more safe) since we're talking about a microbial virus which can easily seep through the fibres of cheaply made/bought face masks.

How good is sanitiser? While it's meant to kill 99.9% of all bacteria, how do we know it kills this virus too? What if it's the 0.1% that it doesn't? Naturally companies omit that last percentage to cover themselves, and I'm sure sanitiser does well... but I still have to wonder how well.

Finally, what type of weather conditions does it thrive in? Hot? Cold? Mild? I was wondering if when it starts getting summer, then maybe it'll help kill it off, but then I've read that there are places in Australia and California in the US, which are much warmer and have several cases of the virus... so at what temperature does it struggle?

I think the masks and the hand sanitizers are more of a mind thing. They make people feel more secure than anything else. I always have hand sanitizer on me and I don't think it works overly well but I like having it anyway.

And that's a good question, about the temperatures. You have me wondering now too.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!