Thread: Corona Virus.
View Single Post
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - March 12th 2020, 02:30 PM

At this point, we all have significant reason to be concerned. I have a sister who is a type 1 diabetic and has a history of asthma and pneumonia, and who has already almost died once and has had some medical crises the last couple years. To say that it's not a big deal or that you're not worried about it because YOU'RE not at risk, is more than a little insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud90sKid View Post
I am only concerned about the impact it will have on the economy and job market. I am looking for a job and this could negatively affect that. The death rate for people under 40 is only 0.2 percent . If you aren't elderly or have a compromised immune system, you will probably be fine. I'm not worried about something that I have a 99.8 percent chance of surviving IF I even get it in the first place.
Death rate for diabetics is between 7 and 9%. Do the elderly and people with health issues not mean anything? She is one of my only biological family members. Even if you are not at risk, you could give it to someone who is. It is the responsibility of all of us to stay inside as much as possible, to wash our hands, to disinfect surfaces, and to not travel.

Last edited by DeletedAccount57; March 15th 2020 at 05:36 AM.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!