View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
JustSomeone Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,769, Level: 15 Points: 10,769, Level: 15 Points: 10,769, Level: 15

Worried for my friend - March 29th 2020, 12:41 AM

I'm worried for my friend...
She's been lost for a while...unsure what to do with her life. She's been married for several years...and while he's not physically abusive to her, she isn't happy. They have not been able to agree on many major issues and she feels trapped. He can be mentally/verbally abusive and she has talked for a long time about leaving him. We talked about this months ago and then other financial obligations came up and she didn't do it.

Yesterday, she asked me for a huge favor. She started looking into getting her own place and moving out on her own. She asked if i could ask questions about it, because she didn't want him to see anything. So i set up an appointment for her, and she went and checked out the apartment today. She said she thinks she will take it if they offer it to her, and he still doesn't know anything about it as far as i know.

I'm worried about what will happen if he finds out. I asked her if she thinks he would ever try to physically attack her. She says she doesn't think so, but you never know how people would react to these types of things. I told her if she needs ANYTHING to let me know. She feels guilty for feeling this way and thinks that everyone will see her as the bad guy no matter what happens...... I told her that would NEVER be the case for me...... i'm there for her no matter what. She told me she's afraid, and that she's never lived on her own either... i know she could...... i told her she's the toughest person i know

I just needed to get that out...but i am worried about how he will respond if she does decide to leave....