Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Corona Virus. - April 2nd 2020, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
So people are idiots. I live near a city with a well-known university. Apparently a bunch of students completely ignored directions for social distancing put in place on local and state levels and went to the beach for spring break. Almost half of them came back testing positive for COVID-19.

When will people learn? Yeah, I know it's hard to not really go anywhere or do anything, but this isn't just about YOU. This is about protecting the vulnerable, too. Yeah, you may not get really sick, but someone else could. Someone else could, and very well might, die because you couldn't stand the thought of not getting to splash around in the ocean.
As harsh as it may sound, it's their own fault. They didn't heed the numerous warnings and here they are. It's their own doing that they caught it. Their own stupidity. It's now the people they come into contact with next that concerns me.

There's a post office within a chemist where I live, and there's a huge sign (3 of them actually) on the door that says 'no more than FOUR people at a time please'. Many of us were heeding the warning and taking the advice to stand 2 metres apart. Even queuing outside in the cold to ensure there were only 4 people inside at a time since it's not very big inside. When it was finally my time to be served, I turned around and there were 6 people in the room. The area is already cramped and all it takes is one person to infect everybody else.

I know it can be fatal to even those without any health issues, but I worry about the fact I could bring it back home. My uncle has asthma and I wouldn't want to pass it on to him. I would never forgive myself if anything happened to him because of me.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!