View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Is this related to my eating disorder or something else? - April 4th 2020, 04:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Over the past few months, I sometimes experience a strong bout of nausea when eating. It was inconsistent for a long time, but in the last couple of days it's been constant. What happens is I'll be eating and then I suddenly think about the fact I am eating and I get really sick. I have to literally spit up whatever food is in my mouth to keep from vomiting.

I posted in a medical forum to see what they think. The doctors and nurses there told me I should consult a GI doctor. They think it's physical in nature, but I am wondering if it's psychological. I am wondering, honestly, if it's an ED symptom. If it is, though, it's one I've never had before. And I don't feel poorly about my body right now and that almost always accompanies ED behaviors.

Are they right? Should I go to a GI doctor? Or who should I speak to? I'd really like to be able to eat full meals again.