(#114 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Online
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42 Points: 88,623, Level: 42

Re: Corona Virus. - April 5th 2020, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counted Heart. View Post

I think it's important to consider the context rather than just the raw numbers in this case. Although we're obviously still reporting new cases the growth rate is significantly lower than it was a couple of weeks ago, which is early evidence that the social distancing and hygiene measures being instituted are helping to flatten the curve. Australia also has a comparatively high level of testing, so higher numbers aren't necessarily a bad thing - and lower numbers don't mean a lower incidence of the virus, it could easily mean that they aren't being detected. So while the number itself might be alarming, it's actually a lot lower than it could have been.
I understand what you're saying (it's great that the curve is flattening) and I know that in comparison to other countries, it is ALOT lower but people still seem to be ignoring the precautions. Backpackers still think it's OK to be congregating together for parties on several occasions.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!