View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Is this related to my eating disorder or something else? - April 8th 2020, 08:47 PM

Based on the fact that you said you'll be eating and suddenly think about the fact you are eating, I'd say that it may be more psychological in nature. If it is psychological, then there may be a risk of this happening more often or you feeling more anxious around eating/developing other ED symptoms.

I'm wondering if this happens with particular foods or even textures of foods? Also, how are you with fluids?

While eating disorders are usually associated with how you feel about your body, not all are. For example, some people might have anxieties around specific food or a fear of vomiting (phobias). Other people can't stand the taste or textures of food to the point where they suffer with nausea (as in the case for ARFID).

There is always the potential that it could be physical in nature and since I'm not a professional and don't have much knowledge of eating disorders, then it is worth checking out with a professional. If you think it's psychological and aren't noticing any other physical symptoms, then you might like to go down the psychological route. But then you could try to rule out the physical side of things first, if you wanted.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer