(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Keto diet - April 30th 2020, 10:33 PM

Sorry for the late reply! Unfortunately, I haven't tried this diet so can't give any personal experience on this.

It seems that the keto diet is a rather specific type of diet. I found some information on ketogenic diets on an epilepsy website and another website outlines the differences between low carb and ketogenic diets but offers healthy eating for all. For information on carbs, you might want to check out this article from the NHS. While it seems that like any diet, the ketogenic diet should be talked about with a professional, a diabetes organisation offers information on low carb meals. It seems like it may be beneficial to check your blood sugar levels too, especially if you have/at risk of having diabetes. And there is also the risk of constipation. While I wouldn't advise cutting out carbs or other food groups completely, it seems that it might be okay to lower the amount of unhealthy foods that you might be eating.

I would advise talking to a professional, when you are able to, particularly since you have an eating disorder.

I'm not sure how helpful this is but I hope others can help you with this too!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer