View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Keto diet - May 2nd 2020, 01:34 PM

Personally, I think the keto diet can be ok depending on what your goal is. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, honestly it is not a diet I would ever recommend. As a personal trainer whom is qualified to give nutritional guidance, I wouldn't even recommend it to a client, and most certainly not someone with an eating disorder.

The keto diet is indeed a low-carbohydrate diet, but there are a lot of risks associated with it. For one, you'll notice you'll start to feel a lot more low-energy than normal. If you're already struggling with mental health and an eating disorder, it's going to make things far, far worse for you.

A huge misconception is that if we cut out a large portion of carbohydrates from our diet, we will lose body fat. Alongside this, another huge misconception is that carbohydrates are often stored as fat if we eat too much. Yes, carbs are stored as fat, but only to a small degree.

I don't want to overload you with a ton of information on how the keto diet would be bad for you, but I will ask you to reconsider.

If you want to lose weight, there's a lot of options available to you, such as starting a food diary and looking at what food you're eating, and what you could change. Ultimately, I would do as Holly suggested and speak to a professional. Seeking a fully qualified dietitian in the future can help you work out how much you need to intake per day, and how much you need to reduce in order to lose weight safely.

Last edited by Rivière; May 2nd 2020 at 02:10 PM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.