View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: How to get organised? - May 23rd 2020, 06:15 PM

I'm dyslexic, and my organisation skills are pretty awful. In order to plan or do anything, it has to be done well in advance. How far in advance depends on the activity.

If I need to plan for appointments I've made, or if I'm meeting with somebody, I always make sure to set a reminder on my phone as soon as I've made the commitment. For example, if I have a meeting at work for say, a week or two later, I will immediately put a reminder on my phone and set my phone to remind me in advance. I will take into account any travel I'll need to make, and add on about 15-20 minutes to that reminder just in case of delays or anything that may unexpectedly happen.

If I need to help make myself organised in terms of daily activities, such as getting up at a certain time, I always have an alarm across the room that I must physically get up for. Anything such as working from home or doing course revision, I assign myself a number of days that the work must be completed by. All tasks are worked through in order of size and priority. If a task needs completing by the end of the week, I ensure to work on those first, because the deadline is shorter. Whereas deadlines such as my course, are a monthly deadline, so I can work on them after my weekly deadlines have been completed.

I imagine you have a lot of other issues I may have missed out. I'll be more than happy to help you workout a plan to help you become more organised if you need.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.