View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Mental Health Awareness Week - how have you been feeling? - May 23rd 2020, 08:27 PM

It's been a bit of a rough week, not going to lie. I feel anxious. All the time. I've been trying to get myself to complete tasks, even simple tasks, and they feel insurmountable. I am having trouble distinguishing if it's due to anxiety or depression but I think it's mostly just anxiety. I am not having usual depression symptoms, except for sleeping excessively and lack of motivation (which can also be symptoms of anxiety, re: avoidance). I completed some tasks yesterday, like dishes and cooking, but instead of making me feel better I still felt very drained. Kind of makes me wonder the point in doing things if I'm not going to get relief for actually doing them.

I have also been dealing with some intense anger. I don't know how else to explain it. I haven't acted on it but I have wanted to scream and shout and punch things in response to very mild prompting events, like not being able to find a bag of vegetables in the fridge. It had me worried about myself. I don't like anger because of the household I grew up in and I don't want to feel it excessively.

I do have one thing to note, though, which is that I haven't self-harmed in almost two weeks now. I am proud of myself for that. Amongst all the anxiety and uncertainty that's an accomplishment I cling to.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1353338 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!