View Single Post
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Riots in America. - June 1st 2020, 09:17 PM

I think what a lot of people don't realize is that while the riots and looting are bad, the issues that led to them need to be acknowledged and then we all need to come up with a way to resolve those issues. The murder of George Floyd was a catalyst after years of trying to protest peacefully and being condemned. Look what happened to Colin Kaepernick, he tried to peacefully protest police brutality and systematic racism and he was told "Not that way." Essentially, he was condemned. There are other examples of people trying to protest peacefully and being ignored or condemned.

While I don't like the rioting and looting, I can't help but understand it. If any issue, big or small, is continually ignored and brushed under the rug, you're going to see an explosion. This is true even for me, when I ignore my problems or my stressors I end up getting so overwhelmed until I finally explode. Right now, we are seeing the explosion. Peaceful protesting would be great but for years those peaceful protests have been ignored.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1353635 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!