View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Sudden behaviour change in family member - June 11th 2020, 02:47 PM

My mum has tried to get him to come do the shopping with her. He always found excuse after excuse not to. He would claim that he doesn't like supermarkets and prefers to shop online. Which he went as far as doing just to escape not having to go with my mum to do shopping. Even when he was encouraged to go on his own he would outright refuse. Part of me thought maybe he has a fear of crowds, but he seems quite happy to get on a bus that's often filled with so many people that some would have to stand up... so surely it can't be that.

As for keeping in contact, he has our phone numbers.. but for some reason, I'm the only one he seems to prefer having on Whatsapp, Steam, Facebook, or even Instagram. He refuses to accept any friend request my mum sends via social media and sticks to texting her only.

My mum tried to discuss with him about 20 minutes ago when he thinks he'd be able to properly move out, but he came up with a dozen excuses. 'Even after my bed arrives I still won't be moving in because I have no wardrobe to put all my clothes in and I don't want to just leave them lying on the floor' He then complains he can't just move out instantly because he has so much stuff to move that he has to take it bit by bit. He then claims that it'll be a long while before he can still leave even after his bed and wardrobe arrive because he doesn't have a washing machine or drier so can't wash his clothes. My mum asked him when he can buy one, he said he doesn't know because he has to watch his money.

The whole conversation seemed both shifty and very illogical. I'm not saying this is the case and I'm just speculating here, but it's as if he either just wants to drag out being at home for as long as he can so he doesn't have to pay for so much, or he wants his home to be 100% perfect before moving into it. Like it's instantly ready rather than getting things bit by bit.

I get not everyone knows how to wash clothes by hand, but he could at least learn whilst he's here at home before moving out. And he could just buy a washing line or hanger thing to hang out and air dry his clothes. It's also illogical to say that he 'has to watch his money' because he just forked out hundreds of pounds on a bed, wardrobe, even a smart tv, cups, plates, mugs, cutlery and all sorts... you know.. the very things he could easy take for free from home. He could just return or bin them at a later date once he manages to get the money to pay for those extra things.

It also seems kind of illogical that he has to watch his money when here he is still staying at home even though he's paying £650 a month for rent in a house he isn't even living in, plus council tax, plus other bills like water rates, electricity, and gas. I mean, maybe it's just me but the whole thing seems weird.. but maybe he's just THAT bad with money that he has no clue how to do anything... but in saying that, he clearly knew how much to save for all these things.

On top of all that, he keeps blaming lockdown for him not being able to move out. He says that he has to move little bits at a time because he can't take a suitcase on the bus... but every time he's left to go to his new place for the day, he could easily have put things in his backpack and took stuff here and there.

His whole behaviour and his way of thinking is just so... off?