View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Sudden behaviour change in family member - June 12th 2020, 12:22 PM

Thank you fall that you said. I never considered that part of his issues could be due to growing up on benefits. He has been on them for a really long time and was always bad with money, but I never considered that to be a factor.

My mum mentioned some time back that he kept going on about his manager over and over and she thought it was weird but left it at that. It was also really weird how his manager would give him so much time off work. Well beyond the 2-week limit. He took several days off in the past, another whole week of last week, half a day earlier this week, and the entire day off today.

Today he went to his new place to wait for his bed to be delivered and said how the seller he ordered from 'sent him only half a bed'. He ordered a double bed (I'm guessing a devan since they're 2 halves that clip together) and that somehow only half of his double bed arrived with the other half being from a kingsize bed... which was already leading me to think that someone else is moving in with him because no company would ever made THAT big of a mistake. He then texts my mum a short while later saying that his manager was ordering a kingsize bed and 'sent it to the wrong address'. How can a manager POSSIBLY send it to the wrong address like that!? I've tried to hard to see things from an outside perspective, but now it looks almost abundantly clear that the 2nd room is for his manager.

Part of me considered that maybe he's gay/bi/whatever else and is either in denial or is too scared to come out... but then I pushed that aside because if that were the case, there wouldn't be two beds (at least I would have thought).

If this were a situation someone else was having, I guess the only reply I could give would be to just try and wait it out because I can speculate all these kinds of things but until he finally leaves and the truth comes out eventually, I guess I'll never know why he's behaving like this.