(#8 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Sudden behaviour change in family member - June 16th 2020, 10:05 AM

So, a bit of an update on this.

Last night I was doing a bit of gaming with a friend and my brother sent me a message on Steam saying that the friend he showed me (she apparently wished me a belated happy birthday and he wanted to show me the message) may try and add me on Facebook. I couldn't reply right way because the game my friend and I were playing had no pause and had to wait until the round was over.

A couple of minutes later, he knocks on my door and I let him know he'll have to come in because I can't come to the door right away. He races in seemingly panicked and says that his friend was apparently trying to search for me to maybe add me on Facebook and then showed me the messages. I wasn't bothered because I had no clue who she was. I hadn't even heard of her until last night. I said to him that it's ok. I kept reassuring him that it was ok but he seemed to still be a little bit panicked. He then said, 'She's a bit more than a friend, that's all I'll say'. I just continued to say ok... mostly because I wasn't bothered and didn't really care. Plus the family already gathered that he was having a relationship with somebody and he just refused to tell us.

I did look her up because I did get a bit curious as to who she was, and I think she has a son... which I guess now really explains why he got a 2-bedroom house to rent. The other room is for her child.

I can see why he would keep this a secret from the family. My mum isn't exactly very good with words and she can come across quite abrasive and judgemental. While my brother's behaviour towards the family has been unacceptable, I will try and give him the benefit of the doubt and try and support him since he was kind enough to confide in me... even if it was just out of panic.