Starwalker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cole

Points: 1,382, Level: 5 Points: 1,382, Level: 5 Points: 1,382, Level: 5

Re: Just found out I'm adopted - June 18th 2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen. View Post
Hello there,

I am so sorry that you had to find out the way you did. Naturally, you would feel angry, betrayed and devastation. I agree with Riviere and I would write them a letter or sit down and have a chat with them, to 'clear the air' so to speak. That way, there won't be so much tension in the house and everyone knows where they stand. If you need anything, feel free to inbox me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
I understand that you're angry with them. Again, they kept something really big from you and you wished they'd just told you. However, they're not mind readers. They can't know what the right answer is, or that you would have preferred to have known right from the beginning. Chatting with them is the best way to find out why they kept such a huge secret from you.

You don't have to talk to them face to face as I know that can be extremely hard. You could write a letter to them explaining how they made you feel, and how you'd just wished they'd told you from the beginning. Alternatively, even a text message or an email with your feelings. That way you can get your message across to them, and you don't have to approach them to do it.
I do want to thank you both for the replies. In the end it was my little brother who got through to me after we talked for a while, at least enough to come out and start a dialog with my parents. It was really hard to even look at them. They tried to start talking about my adoption a couple of times, but could tell it was about to set me off again and stopped. I just feel like I'm this ball of anger that is slowly getting more and more compressed until eventually I'm going to reach the breaking point and its all going to come out