View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Garyl Offline
What's next, little man?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli

Re: Bottling emotions - June 23rd 2020, 12:15 AM

Hey there. Sorry you haven't gotten a response yet.

We are not doctors and cannot diagnose you, but you're not alone in what you are experiencing. Depression, for example, is a common affliction, and often comes with a lack of feeling. While lack of feeling isn't unique to depression that's where I've personally seen it happen most (again, not a doctor). It sounds like you might be experiencing some anxiety-related issues as well. Breakdowns like the ones you describe can be known as "panic attacks." They're also relatively common.

No one deserves to suffer like you're suffering, and you deserve a happy, healthy life, full of emotional variation. Have you considered talking to a therapist? They may be able to help you work through this barrier that you have to feeling and help you express your feelings in healthy ways. Additionally, a psychiatrist might be able to help you with a diagnosis and perhaps provide medication that could improve your symptoms.

Aside from professional help, are you active with any hobbies? Do you see friends? When we're not feeling well these things can be hard to do, but they're important parts of life. Getting back in touch with our hobbies, or finding new ones, can help soothe ourselves. It's good to keep in touch with people, too, even if it's just a text message saying you're thinking about someone.

I know what I suggested above may seem silly or maybe even frustrating to do, but speaking from experience it can really be helpful. If you can't do it, too, that's okay. You need to honor your body as much as you can. Do what you can, when you can, and don't worry about the rest.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Let's eat some spectral oats!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Garyl