Thread: Corona Virus.
View Single Post
  (#220 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - June 24th 2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
My county is doing slightly better but we still have a high rate. My husband was supposed to go back to work but he had a medical complication and has to hold off.

I know my states doing okay compared to others but my county isn't. Our governor issued an order that we all have to wear masks but law enforcement won't enforce it so who knows.

I think it's a matter of time before we have to shut down again. I think Texas governor stated if things got worse he'd shit it all down?
Greg Abbott, the Governor of Texas, opened up early knowing that people would die as a result. He was more concerned about the economy than the population. Now there's HUGE spikes in cases (the state of Texas saw an increase of 5,000 cases in a single day) He's backtracking a bit while also blaming Millenials. There's no shutdown order yet and honestly I don't know if he'll enforce it. He's been caught on tape basically saying "people are going to die as a direct result of my actions" and has repeatedly stated he doesn't want to shutdown again.

We'll have to see what happens, although if 5,000 new cases in a single day isn't an emergency that requires shutdown I don't know what is.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!