View Single Post
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Riots in America. - June 25th 2020, 08:14 PM

I would care about the riots if the police didn't respond to these protests by attacking innocent people. I don't endorse rioting, but if American police weren't constantly abusing their power, people wouldn't riot. There are instances of the police marching with the protesters, which is great. But there are a TON of instances of the police acting like an occupying army, attacking innocent people for trivial reasons.
I dont think ALL cops are bad, but in America, police culture has such an "us vs. them" mentality that they stick together even through obvious atrocities. Two officers in Buffalo were arrested for pushing a 75 year old man and cracking his head open (he's still in a wheelchair). 57 cops resigned to protest their arrests. That's insane, but I would feel much safer without those cops on the street anyway.
I'm not somebody who would say to totally abolish police, but they need to be significantly defunded. They have too much money, too many weapons, and far too much power.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1353635 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!